Saturday, June 6, 2015

Rainbow Lettuce Wraps

Vegan, food, vegetables, paleo, healthy, avocado

A colorful variety of nutrient packed, crunchy, refreshing fruits and vegetables. And the creamy avocado! I very rarely ate avocados up until about a year ago, and only in about the last 6 months have I really been making up for it. I feel like I have done my body a disservice for not giving it avocados regularly throughout my life, they are such a naturally delectable treat! 

Avocados contain a large amount of pantothenic acid, vitamin k, copper, folate, and more! Find out more about avocados on The World's Healthiest Foods website, here. This website lists many (not all) of the world's healthiest foods, their nutrient content, and best of all- goes into detail about studies conducted about ingestion the various foods or nutrients certain foods are high in. If you are looking to eat more nutritiously, this is a great place to start!

This is SO much fun to graze on while watching The X-Files at night! (Anyone else excited they are coming back?!) Not pictured is a large head of butter lettuce I use to make lettuce wraps- it is fun to pick and choose a different flavor combination each time. What do you like best to put into a lettuce wrap?


No comments:

Post a Comment