Sometimes, I like to eat carbs with my carbs.
These baked beauties were made with NO OIL! Just slice, season liberally with a mix of your favorite spices and herbs, and bake for around 45 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Those numbers can vary wildly depending on your specific oven though, so best is to check on them occasionally!
Sweet potatoes are, in my opinion, one of the many things we've been given as 'candy' on this earth. You can learn about the amazing health benefits of sweet potatoes here. They are very high in vitamin A, C, manganese, pantothenic acid, B 6, biotin, potassium, and the list goes on.
Garlic Potato Dip
- add cubed, steamed potatoes to blender with a bit of water or nut milk
- add garlic (I use fresh as well as granulated garlic)
- salt and pepper
- dill (because I add dill to basically everything)
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- blend and enjoy in whatever format you choose. (dip, sauce, soup...) Be aware that the more processed potatoes are, the more starchy they become. If overdone, the texture may become a bit like glue!